Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi is expected to release the report into the death of 13-year-old Enoch Mpianzi, who drowned at a Parktown Boys’ High School Grade 8 orientation camp last week.
LIVE NEWS FEED
Last Updated at
Department appointed an independent law firm to investigate the matter. The law firm have been given the following terms of reference:
– Merits to allegations and circumstances;
– Whether conduct of any educator/ principal was in good faith;
– Process of the camp;
– Was it authorised, necessary process and procedures followed by the school;
– What was the obligation of the camp, in relation to safety of learners;
– What guarantees the camp had in terms of safety of learners;
– Whether there’s a general problem at the school;
– When did educators realise learner was missing, what process was followed;
– Whether matter was reported to department, liable or not;
– A general programme of this nature at school;
– Whether counselling was provided or not.